- Texted my landlord to see if I can get a second dog
- Will let me get a second dog
- Said he’s lower our rent in September because they like us and want us to stay
- Asked if we could leave a list of things for him to fix while we’re out on vacation next month
- I’m getting a dog and my bathroom is getting upgraded
I MIGHT NOT BE ABLE TO WORK OUT BECAUSE OF MY STUPID KNEE INJURY BUT EVERYTHING IS GOING TO BE OKAY
Sometimes I drink too much vodka or eat 3 servings of macaroni and cheese in one sitting, but by far the most unhealthy habit I have is comparing myself to others.
I got a sweet backpack on clearance the other day which I am determined to keep all of my gym essentials in. I’m basically designing it around the fact that I work out outside on my lunch break and want to start biking to work (so I can’t exactly take a shower in between) and I always forget things I need going to my regular gym.
- Body spray
- Baby wipes
- Extra water bottle
- iPod / headphones
- Hairbands, hairties, and bobby pins
- Coconut mana / moisturizer
- ibuprofen / anti-inflammatory meds
- Phone charger
- $20 just-in-case-cash
Reblog with more ideas if you have some? It would be super helpful.
imagine gordon ramsay as a personal trainer at the gym
Your form is so bad the IRS wants to hire you
Your water intake is so low it could beach a whale
I got knee problems within the 1st weeks of training for a half marathon this spring. So frustrating! After crying for awhile, I read it can help to build up the rest of the leg muscles (shins & glutes) so I cut way back on runs and started doing bar method 4-5 times a week. Just did a 10 mile run with minimal knee pain yesterday so I think it might be working.
Awesome to know!!! I think it’s because my joints are so flexible I’m prone to tendentious and tendon injuries, combined with the fact that I gained a ton of weight this year and my knees probably haven’t been able to keep up.
The big thing with my slipped disk has been working on my abs, obliques, and various back muscles to take the strain off my lumbar, so it makes a lot of sense that building shins and glutes would help take strain off the tendons in your knees.
I’m 100% going to talk to my trainer about it this weekend. Thank you so much!!!! There is no problem without a solution so hearing this makes me feel way less trapped by my shitty genes…..
I had always struggled with my weight, but at 19 I realized I needed to make a change before I hit 300lbs. I did a lot of research about proper nutrition and exercise, and decided to begin my journey. In four years I lost 120lbs (273lbs to 153lbs) and went from a size 24 to a size 6. I have been maintaining my weight loss for about a year now, and am focusing on building muscle and leaning out. I hope to inspire others with my story. Anything is possible when you believe in yourself.
I love anything that takes people years to do, because I’m on year three and “only” being down 50lbs in seems totally devastating compared to some other people….. but there is still hope!
that stinks about your knee! are you totally out of commission? like can younstill take olive for walks and at least get some activity in that way?
It’s not that bad but I def just need to rest it for like a week :( It even sucks to walk, so I figure just elevate and ice and on Wed just go in to do arms/core stuff without legs or cardio. Hopefully by the weekend it’ll be back to fine, but it’s just frustrating because
- Hyper mobile joints suck and I’m always at risk of injuring myself. This has been true since I was tiny and it’s beyond frustrating.
- I’m only like two-weeks back on the wagon, so having to take a whole week off is stressful. I’m worried I’m going to fall off again because it happened so early on…..
If coming back from weird injury and only 6 weeks of running brought me a 4 minute PR yesterday, I can’t wait to see what happens next! But for now, I learn to walk again because that #Paintrain was real and so is the chafe. Let the quarter life crisis begin!! #iloveit #werundc #bebold #seektoinspire #SMASHthings (at Nike Women’s Half Marathon)
Needed some injury inspiration because my tweeked knee is literally giving me nightmares. This makes me feel way better……
Started at an amazing new gym a mile fromnmynhouse with a personal trainer I feel totally on the same page with. Diet has been on-point and I’m feeling totally great and optimistic.
Then I stepped the wrong way and jacked up my knee and now I’m out for like a week ;_______;
Hypermobile joint struggs.
I just keep reminding myself that pro athletes hurt themselves way worse all the time and recover fine… I just sucks that like two weeks in after a year off I have to take a freakin’ week off!!!!
I just went back to look at the last few posts since re-activating and its way too clear I’m in a bad place right now.
Clearly time to make a list of things my curremt body is good at since all I can focus on is how much weight I’ve gained and how my old warmups are now my max.
My current body is good for:
- The Boobies
- The right dresses give me an hour glass
- It looks great when I wiggle in Zumba
- Being the heavy girl who can outpace thinner girls
- Being imposing looking (yes, I love this)
- Fabulous hugs and excellent cuddles
- The Boobies (I’m listing it twice I will miss thrse so much)
Things I will have back when I get down to my former / thinner self:
- Better runs
- A feeling of accomplishment after my workouts
- More attractive guys checking me put / random self esteme boosts
- Longer legs look better in heals
- Feeling more confident in general
I’ve clearly been a workaholic since I was like 16.
What I thought this would be like:
- "Wow I’m really important and good at things and happy."
What this is actually like:
- "I can’t handle my life can you fix my shit?"
- "No you do it like this not like that."
- "Can you just answer my cell phone so I can sleep? I haven’t done that in a while."
- "IDK here’s my email password see if anyone wants anything."
- "Can you go to the grocery store I have a conference call and I forgot to eat today."
- "Tell everyone I’m sorry for screwing it up but I can’t reschedule until next week."
- "Is there food somewhere? Still haven’t eaten."
Saw this going around Tumblr.
Even though I’m totally understaffed and don’t know how we’re going to cover that many parties since Reebok literally booked us 12hrs ago for this Sunday. And I have to get a shit ton of paperwork done today and over-nighted at the post office.
And I have to forgo my workout today to get this all done. And I have to reschedule my personal training session Sunday to drive 2hrs to the event.
SO IN SUMMARY, owning a business is: