My roommate got a flat tire last night about a mile from my gym, so I called and they said we could leave it overnight and they wouldn’t tow. It was the only business in the area that didn’t mind.
So we returned this morning with a new tire, never having done this before. No sooner did we jack the car than a regular at my gym came over and asked to help. He put the car up and taught us to do the entire thing as he worked so we could do it next time.
I’ve seen him around before. He said his name is J, and I mentioned that I’ve seen him around. He drinks a small coffee every morning after his workout at our smoothie bar and chats with people.
After everything was done, I asked if I could buy him a cup. He said no but that we’d see each other around.
The second he left the lot, I went in to put a few credits on his account. The girl who was working the counter said not to—that he was just a nice guy that likes to help.
So instead, I bought two smoothies for whoever the next two people who get drinks happen to be.
Eat clean, train dirty, and pay good karma forwaes.
- 20 homemade protein bars (gluten free, no refined sugar)
- 4 baked sweet potatoes
- 4 batches of sweet potato hash browns (with onion, carrots, and peppers)
- 4 hardboiled eggs
- 6 deviled eggs (subbed mayo with greek yogurt)
- 18 quinoa waffles (gluten free, no refined sugar)
- 3 servings of chipotle black beans
- 6 fruit and nuts baggies (aka pre-measured snacks)
I seriously prefer to just make giant batches for the week and then pick-n-choose a I go instead of being stuck with certain foods certain days. I have cravings!!
What I say: I'm a vegetarian.
What they here: Please, give me health advise!
No problem. Just meet you all at the coffee shop with my whey protein and dump it in an iced Americano. BAM. Instant protein shake and I still get to pass as a normal person.
I hear good things but want reviews for weight loss / vegetarians. Just spent $16 on a big organic bag so I’m about to make dinner with ‘em….
I need to remind myself of some very good things going on right now to stay positive. I’ve spent 80% of the past few days crying or raging mad. The rest of the time was just neutral.
- Bought a size 14 dress today! Meaning that after over a year of no longer being able to fit into stuff from most store clothes, there is now a size larger than what I wear!
- Avocado-tofu sushi rolls
- Cuddling on the couch
- Nice dog owners at the park
- Being in the woods more in the past month than the past three years combined
- Boyfriend telling me how hot I look on the daily
- My roommate
- My brother
- Surprise text messages
- Trader Joe’s mini peanut butter cups
- No longer living with chronic pain (I should be thankful for this every day)
- Finally got Olive to the vet—she wasn’t scared of anything and looks totally healthy!
- Finishing this section of my sleeve on Friday
Moar food porn! Had @iamalbing over for dinnah last night since he recently kicked cancer in the face. Pizza happened.
Even though this still isn’t the most fitspo-food in the world, you can make it way better tasting and way better for you!
- Make it yourself. Frozen pizzas are loaded with preservatives, fats and unidentifiable ingredients. Plus: they’re not customizable, don’t have many veggies, and are often more expensive!
- Offer sides and snacks. Pomegranate seeds and olive to munch on make pizza from being the only thing on your plate. In my experience salad is usually the go-to but never as appealing. Plus, everyone snacked before hand so we took in less of the big stuff.
- Lots of fresh veggies. Great for your taste buds, low calories, and loaded with nutrients. Most importantly, it makes the food more satisfying so you can eat less without feeling deprived.
- Instead of traditional dough: find an organic or whole grain (or both!) dough at your grocery store. They’re pre-made, affordable, and usually next to wherever the cheese is.
- Instead of jarred sauce: try a no-salt added marinara (Trader Joe’s has a great organic one) and add cayenne, chili flakes and ginger. It has the readiness of canned sauces but without the other junk. Salt is what keeps water weight in your body! Plus, it’s no good for your heart.
- Instead of shredded cheese: use fresh motz. Again, it’s lower in salt and more satisfying so every piece is worth savoring. Just watch how much you’re adding! Cheese is one toping, not the only topping.
- Instead of pepperoni: skip the processed meats and add mushrooms or eggplant if you like hearty toppings.
- For added protein: crush up some pre-sliced (unsalted) almonds and add them to your sauce. They’ll give it a good texture and piney taste. Om nom nom!
Another lovely breakfast, brought to you by shitiseeinmynewsfeed. Apple fitspo-pancakes!
- Slice ‘em applies up and core them.
- Make some pancake batter (I like using my own so I can make it with no salt and organic / whole wheat flower - and, of course, almond milk)
- dip those bad boys in the batter and fry ‘em like pancakes!
You won’t need any syrup or butter when you eat them because of how sweet and awesome the apples are. Also made some scrambled egg whites on the side with spinach and salsa—plus raspberry-lime water which is flippin’ delicious.
Pictured here: less than 300 kcal!
44g carbs - 6g fat - 11g protein - 8g sugar (from the apple) **this all includes the eggs
It’s pathetic but it’s honest. After I started losing weight I started avoiding certain people in my life who I care a lot about because I wanted to impress them.
There are about a half a dozen people who haven’t seen me since I was around 240-250. I’m currently 208. Once I hit 199 I’ll have hit my one year goal—and just in time. I started losing last March.
So I really need to move it. I have a little over a month to lose the next 8 pounds.
In order to give myself more motivation I’ve decided to make it a point to schedule hanging out with all sorts of people I care about… but only once the scale reads 199.
Seeing the scale have a big 1 on it will be absolutely amazing.
And seeing their reactions will be even better.
Let my messy hair be proof. I WENT BACK TO THE GYM TODAY. And my back now feels better than it has all week! And I don’t feel like crying for the first time in days!! :)
The elliptical is like some awesome secret therapy doctors don’t tell you about because it makes everything better and would put them out of business. Chronic pain, panic disorder… be gone!
Just came in the mail! Someone on Tumblr posted about it (But who!? I forget.) and it finally came in off of Amazon. Will write a review on it once I get through!
For now, sitting around with the book, the dog and some tea. Leaving in an hour to go sign up for my unlimited $50 month at a new yoga studio in town! I don’t know if I’ll be able to afford to keep going but I’m so happy yoga is back in my life right now :)
Statistically people only stick to Resolutions for six weeks. So just hang on until mid-February and we’ll weed out the weak.